Krypt was founded in May of 1998 as a shell and web hosting provider out of Newport Beach, CA. The company was best known for providing some of the best Counter-Strike game servers on the west coast from 2000 - 2005 when the game was at its peak fan base. Since then, Krypt has grown into a full service Dedicated, Web, Colocation, Virtual and Cloud Service Provider and is the perennial leader in dedicated server hosting in Southern California. Krypt is the dedicated server and hosting division of VPLS Inc. Krypt.com also ranks among the top 2000 websites in the United States and top 300 websites in China.
Facts About Krypt
- 100+ staff members in 3 office locations (Orange, El Segundo CA and Bangkok, TH).
- Our team of engineers holds 78 Cisco certifications, 59 Brocade certifications, 127 VMware certifications, 20 Veeam certifications, 10 Nimble Storage certifications, 5 Palo Alto Networks certifications.
- We built our own network backbone and manage over 19,242 switch ports and growing in our internal network.
- Our network has over 500+ Gbps of capacity and growing.
- An average of 82 trillion bits are transferred over the Krypt network on a daily basis.
- Our Technical Assistance Center (vTAC) handled 136,019 support tickets in 2015 from our three fully staffed Network Operations Centers in Orange County, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Bangkok, Thailand.
- We are a VMware Enterprise Service Provider (one the original 31 providers globally).
- We operate seven geographically redundant data centers in Los Angeles, CA, Orange County, CA, San Jose, CA, Ashburn, VA, Phoenix, AZ, Bangkok, Thailand and Singapore to meet all of your colocation and disaster recovery needs.
- We are committed to the highest ethical standards, impeccable customer service, and excellent customer response times.
- We want to earn your business as a trusted technology solutions provider.
Meet The Krypt Staff
Krypt is made up of passionate employees, that thrive to give the best support possible. Meet a few members of the Krypt staff that help provide great customer experiences.
Ted MektrakarnChief Executive Officer
As Founder and Chief Executive Officer of VPLS Inc., Mr. Mektrakarn brings over 15 years of experiences in technology development and management. As CEO, he is responsible for the company's vision, strategic direction, and operational management. Mr. Mektrakarn carries significant multi-industry knowledge and experience, advancing high-growth technology startups and industry-leading Fortune 500 companies alike. He is known for his ability to take promising technologies and organizations to the next level.
His experience in the industry includes past positions with companies like Brocade Communications thru the acquisition of Foundry Networks, Vivendi Universals - MP3.com and AT&T CERFnet. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the largest Internet exchange system, Coresite's Any2 Network Exchange.
Tim MektrakarnChief Operating Officer
Mr. Mektrakarn is the Founder of VPLS Inc., and serves as the company's Chief Operating Officer. As COO he is responsible for the company's strategic direction, operational management and technical product innovation. Mr. Mektrakarn also serves as the company's Chief Solution Architect for the Cisco Unified Communications business division. Mr. Mektrakarn holds numerous Cisco certifications in the area of IP Telephony implementation, design, support and sales. He also holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arizona, and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, Irvine.
Mr. Mektrakarn is also an avid cyclist and trains throughout the year in hopes of riding in a stage of the Tour de France.
Sunchai MektrakarnChief Advisor
Mr. Mektrakarn serves as Chief Advisor to the VPLS group of companies with over 30 years of IT software applications development and management. Mr. Mektrakarn has held positions in executive management leading and overseeing all aspects of Information Technology for some of Thailand’s largest corporations in automotive and manufacturing industries. Mr. Mektrakarn has consulted for manufacturers implementing ERP solutions from IBM to Oracle. Mr. Mektrakarn received his degree in Management Information Science from the University of Southern California.
He is also a golf enthusiast and enjoys scheduling meetings at Thailand’s top golf courses.
Takahiro MasudaVP of Engineering
Mr. Masuda joined VPLS, Inc. in March of 2006 as a NOC Technician and currently holds the position of Vice President of Engineering. His team is responsible for designing, implementing, operating, and optimizing systems and networks in order to provide increased availability, speed, performance, and agility for all VPLS web hosting product lines. Mr. Masuda has earned a B.S. in Mathematics, specialized in Applied and Computational Mathematics, and a minor in Information and Computer Science.
John MinnixVP of Sales
John Minnix serves as Vice President of Sales for VPLS Inc. Mr. Minnix brings over 10 years of technology sales experience to all VPLS group brands and companies, including Account Executive positions at Nortel Networks, Foundry Networks and Brocade Communications. He is fluent in technologies including Ethernet switches, routers, voice solutions, security solutions, cloud computing and professional services. He holds a B.A. in History from Emory University and a Masters in Business Administration with a Marketing focus from the UCLA Anderson School of Management. He is also a Brocade Certified Network Engineer.
Mike LyGeneral Manager
Mike Ly joined the company in 2008 as a NOC Technician and currently holds the position of General Manager. Mr. Ly focuses in managing the NOC Support team, development and implementation of robust operational processes, directing various departments to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the company, project management, and ensuring that best practices are followed. Prior to his role at VPLS, Mr. Ly owned and operated a small business for 10 years in the computer gaming industry.