VPLS Solutions is looking to hire an engineer to assist with both pre and post sales efforts. The position would involve working with VPLS Solutions' outside sales team covering territories in Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire and Greater San Diego, CA. The desired candidate will possess great interpersonal and presentation skills for on site sales meetings with customers. The desired candidate would also be expected to install network switches and routers, firewalls and other technologies after sale.
The desired candidate will have experience configuring and troubleshooting the following devices. Certifications from vendors below highly desired.
- Network switches and routers (Extreme Networks, Ruckus, Cisco or other leading brand experience and certifications preferred).
- Firewalls (Palo Alto and / or Fortinet experience preferred).
- Wireless (Aruba, Aerohive and/ or Ruckus preferred).
- Hands on experience with servers, storage, server virtualization and VDI a plus.
- Experience with Implementation as well as Pre/Post Sales
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in designing technology solutions for mid-market organizations and higher preferably in an IT consulting organization on a project type engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Equivalent proven industry experience may be considered. Storage Certified Engineer highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Experience in architecture and design, installation and configuration, mail, security devices, principles of routing, and possesses a high level of infrastructure knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Comfort-level and ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Excellent administration skills MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
Candidate can either be home based or work from our office in Orange, CA. Willingness to drive to client sites across Southern California required.